Brooklyn Bear's Strawberry Lemonade
Who doesn’t love lemonade! I drink lemonade all year… but there’s something about cold lemonade on a hot Summer day- Lemonade is the quintessential warm weather drink.
I make several varieties of lemonade- but this is my favorite combination. This simple recipe is really quick and inexpensive to put together. And with the bodega up the block charging $5 for some Simply Lemonade- I’ll stick to the homemade variety. Make a pitcher for under $3. Not to mention, by making it at home your drink will be free of "natural flavors" and corn syrup! Don't break the bank for expensive lemonade brands or varieties with scary additives- make it at home: better for you, cheap, and ridiculously delicious!
Brooklyn Bear’s Strawberry Lemonade
1 C Cane Sugar (granulated is ok)
6 Strawberries- roughly chopped
7 C Water
1 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (about 6 lemons)
Make Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan combine sugar with 1C water.
- Simmer on a low flame, stirring often.
- Once the sugar dissolves, remove the simple syrup from the heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool at room temperature.
Prepare the Fruit
- In a blender, add strawberries and lemon juice.
- Blend until the strawberries are liquefied into a strawberry lemon puree.
Combine & NJOY
- In a large pitcher, combine the strawberry puree, simple syrup and 6 Cups of water.
- Mix juice well with a long handled spoon.
- Taste the mixture.
- If it tastes good to you- throw it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to get nice and cool.
- On really hot days- pop a glass of lemonade in the freezer and let it get icy and frothy- so refreshing!
Switch it Up
- Throw a pinch of finely chopped basil or mint into this to this refreshing drink.
- Spike the lemonade with vodka for the perfect summer cocktail.