Best Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Music: "Track 8" From the mixtape Deep Huh by Marshall Law
There are a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, but what drew me to these cookies was the title of the recipe, “Best Chocolate Chip Cookies”. I thought, how pretentious to say that among all the chocolate chip cookies, yours are the best.
I cynically set out to make these cookies to prove they weren’t the best cookies...and I was wrong.
They are the best chocolate chip cookies I had ever made. They have a great balance of crisp but chewy, sweet, but not too sweet- love them!
I have to give Waldy Malouf his props, this is a damn good cookie!
Waldy Malouf”s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 3 doz)
1 Scant Cup Granulated Sugar
1C light Brown Sugar
3 Sticks Unsalted Butter
1 t Salt
2 Eggs (room temp)
1 t Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 t Baking Soda
2C Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease baking sheets / use Silpat.
- Cream butter and sugars (brown + white) together using an electric mixer.
- Add salt, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour & baking soda.
- Mix with spoon till everything is combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookies on baking sheets & bake for 15 minutes.
- Try to let the cookies cool before you devour them.