Honey BBQ Shrimp
Cajun, Fried Shrimp Tossed in a Sticky, Sweet -n- Spicy, Honey BBQ Sauce.
Music: "Credit Card" by Facecrimes
*Warning, Honey BBQ Shrimp are Addicting!*
Make a double batch on game-day- this shrimp recipe is always a hit & will disappear quick!
Serve this dish in addition to or as an alternative to traditional chicken wings.
Honey BBQ Shrimp
Cajun Fried Shrimp
Shrimp (cleaned, deveined and butterflied)
1 C All Purpose Flour
Oil for Deep Frying (canola or vegetable)
1 T Bayou Blast Seasoning, (Cajun Seasoning)
Honey BBQ Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1t worcestershire Sauce
1t Red Hot Chili Pepper, or to taste
1T Hot Sauce, or to taste
1T Brown Sugar
Thinly Sliced Green Onions (green part only), for garnish
1/4C BBQ Sauce
1t Whole Grain Mustard
Season & Batter Shrimp:
Set up a Dredging Station:
2 bowls (for the water & shrimp), a plastic or paper bag (for the seasoned flour) and a plate to put the floured shrimp on.
Season the Flour:
Measure flour, season with bayou blast or Cajun seasoning. If you like it hot be generous with the seasoning. If you like it mild, use less.
Bread the Shrimp:
Dunk shrimp in water and then place them in the bag of seasoned flour. Don’t overcrowd the bag, season about 6 shrimp at a time. Close or seal the bag and shake until the shrimp are covered in seasoned flour. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
Fry the Shrimp:
- Heat oil in deep fryer or a large pot to 375 degrees.
- Fry the shrimp till golden brown. (about 5 min)
- Do not overcrowd the shrimp; fry shrimp in small batches.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel or drip rack.
Prepare the Honey BBQ Sauce:
- Heat butter in large pot or saucepan on med-low heat until it melts.
- Add fresh garlic, BBQ sauce, honey, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and paprika- stir until the ingredients are incorporated. Turn the stove off.
Finish the Dish:
- Add the fried shrimp to the pot with the prepared honey BBQ sauce.
- Toss shrimp in sauce until they are completely coated with honey BBQ sauce.
- Garnish the dish with thinly sliced green onions or toasted sesame seeds.
Try not to fight with your loved ones over the last honey BBQ shrimp...Njoy!