Oven Baked Spicy
Music: "Sunday Morning" From the mixtape Mother Superior & Paper Hearts by aCloudedhed
These crispy, spicy, seasoned french fries are off the chain good! If you want to switch it up and make a different kind of french fry- give these a try!! Make sure to keep an eye on them in the oven....you want them crispy not crunchy!
Oven Baked Spicy Seasoned Fries
Recipe adapted from Lotti + Doof
3 T Corn Starch
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1/4 t Paprika
1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
2 t Fresh Cracked Pepper
2 t Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash Potatoes, leave skins on. Slice potatoes into thick slices and cut slices into fries.
- Par boil the potatoes with garlic cloves. Which means: Smash garlic cloves (I usually use about 4) throw them in a large pot, add potatoes and fill with water to cover. cook potatoes on high until a fork can slide through with ease (don’t over cook the potatoes).
- Drain potatoes and lay them flat to dry for 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients. I usually add about 2t salt, 2t black pepper, 1/2t cayenne pepper and 1/4 t paprika- but be creative add more spice if you like it really spicy or less if you prefer it mild. This is a really easy dish to master, try it once my way and them see how you can put your seasonal mark on it.
- Cover the bottom of a sheet pan with Canola Oil (about 2T).
- Arrange the potato wedges on the sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes, flip potatoes and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Skip the frozen or drive thru fries. Not only are these fries made more naturally than their mass produced counterparts but they are cheap to whip up too! This recipe will produce enough fries to feed 2-3 people and at about a dollar a batch, it's even cheaper than going to your local fast food spot.
Check out the cost breakdown: